Friday, December 7, 2012

January 5th

We are so excited here at our house. Daniel received his engineers badge and new helmet plates. As of January 5th he will promoted up to engineer. He will still remain a paramedic but now his main job will be to drive the fire engine and trucks, and pump the water on fires. It sounds so simple but he has had a very rigorous testing process to get this promotion over the last 6 months. He is probably the most ambitious man, besides my Dad, that I've ever met. I am sure he will excel at this job as he has with his previous positions.

And then last night was a fun night for Cody. He received his first round of belt loops at Cub Scout den meeting. He was able to get a couple of badges as well. We are so proud of his hard work. He is loving cub scouts, especially since Daniel is in there for his calling now. Daniel loved cub scouts for a couple of reasons but one being that his Dad was very involved. I know it will have the same influence on Cody.

As for me, I am busy putting the Relief Society Christmas party together. My sister and I are working long days now to get everything ready for this Tuesday. I am so glad that my sister is on my committee because she is such a huge help. The other women have to work during the day and so they don't have as much free time to do all of the shopping. But, I love shopping so it feeds my want to shop.

We are excited for this part of the year. We love the holidays and I am trying to stress to Cody the importance of this holiday. It's fun to see his face light up when he finds Buddy the elf in the morning though. He is still a believer, and I hope we have at least one more year of him believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment