Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My stress comes to an end...sort of

Last night was the big night. I have spent the past two days with my committee at the church decorating and setting up and then preparing food for our Relief Society Christmas party. Luckily our ward Christmas party was last Saturday so they already had some trees up. All we had to do was move stuff around to where we wanted it. We spent the first day at the church for about 7 hours decorating and setting the tables and serving table how we wanted. My sister found this picture at Hobby Lobby of Santa holding the baby Jesus from a nativity scene. Everyone loved it.


 This was the beginning of our setting things up. We set up for 80 and then in the back of the room we set up for 80 again to do the ornament exchange. 
 Day two was spent preparing food. We had soup and bread bowls as the main course. Daniel helped a ton. He made a broccoli cheddar soup that was so good. I had many people ask for the recipe. And then we had cobblers and ice cream for desert. 
 For our program part of the evening we showed a short Mormon message about a little girl who reminded her family about the real reason for the season. And then we had a special musical number that was very nice. 
 We had a very good turn out. We planned for 80 and almost had that amount of people show up. This is our number one attended event of the year so I was feeling the pressure a bit. 

 Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I had a lot of people tell myself, and other committee members that they had a great time. It's amazing how much work goes into a couple hours of the actual event.
We had a lot of help taking everything down that night. We have a couple of wonderful men in the ward that do a lot for us. Not to mention Daniel and even Cody helped. Cody is a great helper. As soon as I came home I crashed. I was asleep in no time and had some of the best sleep I've had in a long time. Now, I am off to do some Christmas shopping for the family. There really is never a dull moment when it comes to this time of the year.

1 comment:

  1. It all looked so pretty! I am glad that it went so well. You really have great people in your life, you are surrounded by them!!! Have a merry Christmas, we all miss your family so much.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete